Friday, February 20, 2015

War crimes

If there is a madman bent on nuclear destruction he must be stopped. And here is the need for Snipers. I have recently wondered about the adage, "I don't support the war but I support our troops." It is not possible to do both. You could never support your troops if they are going to be harmed in a dastardly duty outside of their own control. I see Saddam Hussein and the Sniper as one and the same. Each had a kill order. Each on a different side, believing he was right and justified. In the end no one has control of a gun. And in the end no one has control over his own soil. And anyone can lay down arms. If it were me in that situation I would pray for our troops to end a war that was inspired by a dictator's musings. Many wounded mothers out there. But I have met military people, the ones trained to "do as your told," this is your life and cause now and don't try to reason with your command. And they simply are so indoctrinated and bonded to their batalians that it is unlikely for the inner poet in them to come out and shake hands. Like gang members. (And I am sorry for those who have come back to their country disabled who paid the price of being heroes to a lost cause.) It is interesting how throughout time our loyalties always get flipped. First we're aiding Afghanistan, then we're invading Afghanistan. Etc,etc... I wonder who it will be in the future. Which countries, currently neutral, turn against one another for territory and control of resources? It seems like everyone is soldiering up so it's due fairly soon I would imagine. Diplomacy does not seem to be taking an effective course. Peace to all. It may be a long shot, but it's worth the supportive framework.